Saturday, June 23, 2007

Japanese Ladies Talk to Their computers

and so do I.

Of the 410 women in their 20s or 30s surveyed, 40.5 percent said that they talk to their computer. Among the reasons given for conversing with the machines were: “I chat incessantly to my computer when I’m working,” from one woman, while another said, “I’ll get onto a ridiculous site and say something like ‘That was stupid’ out aloud.” Freezes in computers were a frequent trigger for some women to talk to them. Another finding was that 10.2 percent of women gave their computer a nickname, with common ones including “Mac-kun” and “Pasoko”, but more esoteric monikers including “Pudding” or “Princess”.

When I talk to my pc, it's usually profanity due to something going wrong with it. I also named my pc - it's Mystique, because it's giant, blue, and does what it wants to when it wants to.

Read the rest at Japan Probe

No comments: