Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Maison Ikkoku Returns to TV

The best news I have heard in a long time.....

animeOnline reports that the live action version of Maison Ikkoku will finally be released (after being announced in 2005)

"The show will begin airing on May 12th at 9pm on TV Asahi. It will continue airing every Saturday from then until…well, eternity, if the drama matches the length of the original 80's TV anime, based on Rumiko Takahashi's manga. For you young'uns who don't understand what the heck we're talking about, Maison Ikkoku follows the inept wannabe college student Godai as he falls in love with and attempts to woo his widowed landlady, Kyoko. Kyoko will be played by the famous actress Misaki Ito, who also played romantic interest Saori in the Densha Otoko J-drama. "

I am ridiculously excited about this. I need to see if/when this is getting fansubbed. (omg, I said the 'f' word!)

Here is the Japanese Maison Ikkoku site. I am sorely tempted to make that index image my wallpaper. Here is the wiki for Maison Ikkoku (you heathens shoud know it!) I really need to buy the rest of this series.

No comments: